Members of Nuggets of Wisdom shared some great fits at work today, and I felt moved to further the reach:
TEN REQUESTS FROM A PERSON WITH DEMENTIA
1. Please be patient with me. Remember I have an organic brain disease for which I have no control.
2. Talk to me. Even though I cannot always answer you, I can hear your voice and sometimes comprehend words.
3. Be kind to me. For each day of my life is a long and desperate struggle. Your kindness may be the most special and important event in the day.
4. Consider my feelings. For they are still very much alive within me.
5. Treat me with dignity and respect. As I would have gladly treated you.
6. Remember my past. For I once was a healthy, vibrant person full of life, love and laughter with abilities and intelligence.
7. Remember my present. I am a fearful person who misses my family and home very much.
8. Remember my future. Though it may seem bleak to you, I am always filled with home for tomorrow.
9. Pray for me. For I am a person who lingers in the mist that drift between time and eternity. Your presence may do more for me than any other outreach of compassion you can extend to me.
10. Love me. The gifts of love you give will be a blessing from which will fill both our lives with light forever.
Total Page Visits: 718 - Today Page Visits: 2